NIPPO All Kanto Regional Show 2016 Spring

I've been away from blogging for 2 months. That's a first... I mean there have been dry spells, but starting over at my old Tora Inu blog over 7 years ago, I don't think I've gone 2 months without a single post.

Reason? I've just been doing so many things that I have put blogging on the back burner. The reason I started blogging in the first place was to try to put correct information regarding the Japanese breeds out there, and to promote their preservation. I think that in that regard things are much better online than they were when I started blogging all those years ago. Possibly because of that I don't feel a pressing need to blog. Blogging takes time! Remembering to take pictures/video for posts, and then sitting down to actually conjure up text is actually pretty time consuming.

The preservation of the Japanese breeds has been a passion, close to an obsession, for the better part of a decade now, and this little break has allowed me to put into focus how much of my time, energy, and resources go into this part of my life. Hell I moved out into the middle of nowhere for this...

Anyway, I'm still wrapping my head around my life and everything in it, but in the meantime I'm back to blogging.

Sunday was the NIPPO All Kanto Regional show hosted by the Saitama Branch. All my dogs are out of coat/condition, so I did not enter them. I don't show my dogs unless they're in show condition, and it is one of my pet peeves to see the Japanese breeds being shown overseas when they're in very poor coat (not that it doesn't happen here as well). It was a blazingly sunny and hot day as is evidenced by the beautiful circular tan (burn) line around my neck.

It's a lot easier to drop by a show and just hang out with friends than it is to actually enter dogs, but of course it is much more exciting to be showing your dogs. I kind of did it half/half by helping handle a friend's Shiba female. First time being in the Shiba ring, and though we made a mess of it, we did come away with a Souken-sho (we placed, yay).


That's probably enough text for this post, so I'll just move on to some of the pictures I snapped.







Comments